NOTE: This is the web version of my weekly newsletter, released on June 28, 2021. To get the issues right away, subscribe at dotnetstacks.com or the bottom of this post.
Happy Monday! Again. I should really come up with a better opening line. Anyway, it's been a pretty crazy week and I haven't had time to dive deep into any topics this week. As such, I'll just be providing you with the links this week.
Also, thanks to the Independence Day holiday in the US, I'll be taking next week off and will be back with a full issue on July 12. See you then!
🌎 Last week in the .NET world
🔥 The Top 3
- Khalid Abuhakmeh writes about HTTP range requests and partial responses with ASP.NET Core.
- Thomas Ardal uploads and resizes an image natively with ASP.NET Core.
- Leomaris Reyes explores keyboard accessibility in Xamarin.
- The ML.NET team provides their June update.
- Microsoft is hosting a live Azure Static Web Apps event on Wednesday.
📅 Community and events
- The NuGet Package Explorer is now on the web, thanks to Uno.
- Stack Overflow introduces a Communities platform.
- Mario Rodriguez talks about the new GitHub Issues.
- The .NET Docs Show talks to Isaac Levin about GitHub Codespaces.
- In community standups, ASP.NET talks architecture, Desktop covers all the updates, and Machine Learning discusses AutoML.
🌎 Web development
- Sam Basu writes about Blazor on WPF.
- Matthew Jones continues building Solitaire in Blazor.
- Marinko Spasojevic uses Azure AD to secure a Blazor WebAssembly standalone app.
🥅 The .NET platform
- Rick Strahl works with locked files when publishing .NET Core apps to IIS with WebDeploy.
- David Ramel provides an update on .NET MAUI Preview 5.
- Nick Randolph writes about Project Reunion and Visual Studio 2022.
- Anirudh Agnihotry writes about package validation.
⛅ The cloud
- The Azure SDK team provides their monthly update.
- Oren Eini writes about the cost of the cloud.
- Aaron Powell writes about Blazor, TypeScript, and Azure Static Web Apps.
- Michael Washington writes about Blazor Azure Communication Services.
- Yohan Lasorsa writes about tips to work with Azure Static Web Apps.
- Andrew Lock uses SSH and localhost.run to test GitHub webhooks locally.
- Mark Downie debugs and analyzes dump files in Visual Studio.
- Nicholas Blumhardt writes about customized JSON formatting with Serilog.
🏗 Design, testing, and best practices
- Davide Bellone offers a clean coding tip.
- The Overflow asks: can InnerSource bring open source practices to closed corporate bureaucracies?
- Steve Smith talks about improving method and function clarity.
- The .NET Core Podcast continues its conversation with Harry Bellamy.
- The 6-Figure Developer Podcast talks about sustainable OSS with Rockford Lhotka.
- The Azure DevOps Podcast talks about Terminal.Gui.
- The .NET Rocks Podcast talks to Dan North about SOLID and CUPID.
- The Working Code Podcast talks about build vs. buy.
- The Web Rush Podcast talks about building the Static Web Apps CLI with Wassim Chegham.